Setting aside the scientific impossibility of a sled driven by flying reindeer making visits to millions of children around the world, we can nonetheless imagine some reindeer. No particular reindeer, just some reindeer. In a barn somewhere far north. To help you out, here’s an LSAT logic game on the very subject:
Eight reindeer: Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Dancer, Dasher, Donner, Prancer, and Vixen, are assigned to occupy eight stalls in a barn, numbered consecutively one through eight from left to right. Each reindeer is assigned a stall and no more than one reindeer occupies each stall. The following conditions apply:
Donner and Blitzen occupy adjacent stalls
Comet occupies a lower-numbered stall than both Cupid and Donner
Blitzen occupies a lower-numbered stall than Prancer
Vixen occupies a higher-numbered stall than Cupid
Dasher occupies a lower-numbered stall than Dancer or a higher-numbered one than Vixen, but not both
1. Which of the following could be a complete and accurate list of the reindeer in order from the lowest-numbered stall to the highest?
(A) Comet, Cupid, Blitzen, Donner, Vixen, Prancer, Dasher, Dancer
(B) Comet, Vixen, Cupid, Blitzen, Donner, Prancer, Dasher, Dancer
(C) Comet, Blitzen, Cupid, Donner, Vixen, Dancer, Prancer, Dasher
(D) Comet, Cupid, Blitzen, Donner, Vixen, Prancer, Dancer, Dasher
(E) Cupid, Comet, Blitzen, Donner, Vixen, Prancer, Dancer, Dasher
2. If Vixen occupies the third stall from the left, which of the following must be true?
(A) Dancer occupies the seventh stall
(B) Comet occupies the first stall
(C) Donner occupies the fourth stall
(D) Blitzen occupies the fourth stall
(E) Dasher occupies the eighth stall
3. If Dasher is assigned to the leftmost stall, then Comet could be assigned to each of how many stalls?
4. If Blitzen occupies the stall immediately to the left of Dasher’s stall, then each of the following could be true EXCEPT:
(A) Comet occupies the second stall
(B) Vixen occupies the third stall
(C) Vixen occupies the fourth stall
(D) Vixen occupies the fifth stall
(E) Dancer occupies the fifth stall
5. Which of the following, if substituted for the condition that Blitzen occupies a lower-numbered stall than Prancer, would have the same effect in determining to which stalls each of the reindeer may be assigned?
(A) Prancer occupies a higher-numbered stall than Donner
(B) Prancer occupies a stall numbered no lower than fourth
(C) Blitzen does not occupy the rightmost stall
(D) At least two stalls separate Comet and Dancer
(E) The only reindeer that can occupy the rightmost stall are Prancer and Vixen
1) D; 2) B; 3) B; 4) D; 5) A